Patio doors can be tricky for window coverings, as there are a few extra details to consider. That’s why working with a qualified business is important, so you can get the best quality possible. That’s where Milton Blinds comes in.
During our in-home consultation, we will go over the following patio door details:
- Depth with handle needed
- Window trim
- Floor and venting proximity
All of the above points are key to deciding which window covering blinds or shutters are most suitable for your home. You should ask yourself:
- Is it your main summer entrance?
- Do you entertain a lot?
- Do you have a pool or BBQ often?
- What is your lifestyle?
- What is your home décor like?
Answers to these questions will guide us to a product that works best for how you use the space. If there are kids coming in and out in wet bathing suits you’d want a durable product that can handle water. If you barbeque frequently and risk spills, we would direct you to a material that can be cleaned easily.
Patio California Shutters – Accordion Style with Divider Bar and Framing (Open)
There are 3 different patio door shutter application systems:
- Standard Hinge System or Accordion Style Shutters – This has shutter panels folding into one another in accordion style. They fold to one side or the other. For example, a patio door opening with 4 shutter panels will have two panels swinging to the left and two swinging to the right.
- Bi-Fold Track System – This has panels that remain at a 90-degree angle when opening and they all go to one side.
- Bypass Track System – This shutter system has panels that slide over one another from side to side. The panels do not open into the room at any time. They slide back and forth from right to left or vice versa and can be designed with the louvers opened or closed.
This custom look is always completed with patio door shutter framing and crown valance options for Bi-fold and Bypass Track Systems.
Delta Shutters offers Standard Hinge Systems or Accordion Style Shutters while Eclipse Shutters offers all three of the above options.
Shutters are available in shades of white, pearl, and vanilla in 2.5”, 3.5”, and 4.5” louvers.
To get pricing on your patio door shutter options, book an in-home consultation today. You can send us your information and approximate measurements for a quick price via email at Blinds Oakville | Blind Stores in Milton & Mississauga (miltonblinds.com)
This Mississauga home changed its back patio door shutters from a Hunter Douglas Silhouette to a Patio Shutter Accordion Style. This durable vinyl product will protect them from heat in the summer and insulate the room in the winter. Plus, it comes with a 25-year warranty.
Patio California Shutters – Accordion Style with Divider Bar and Framing (Top Open, Bottom Closed)
Here are a few other helpful links that may interest you:
Did you know you can use shutters for room dividers and closet openings? To learn more click here: Room Dividers and Closet Doors (eclipseshutters.ca)
For details about shutters for garden doors, check out some photos and details here: Shutters for French Doors (eclipseshutters.ca)
Alternative patio door blind options included: zebra blinds, roller blinds, vertical, panel track blinds, drapery, and curtains.