There are a lot of decisions to make when you’re designing your dream home. There are thousands of options to choose, from the exterior materials to the flooring. At some point, you might encounter some decision fatigue. When it comes to choosing your blinds, we think you should pay special attention. Blinds and shutters can define your home stylistically, and they can dramatically change your comfort in it too.
There are a lot of blinds and shutter types to choose from. But one of the best choices for a dream home is California shutters. Here’s why these shutters might work for your custom home.
What Are California Shutters?
California shutters are a variant of plantation shutters that are more popular in Canada. Plantation shutters are wooden blinds with small slats. They fit inside of a wooden frame that is then placed inside your window. The slats are also called louvres.
The biggest difference between plantation shutters and California shutters is the louvre size. On California shutters, the louvre size is smaller. That means there are more slats per frame. This more compact look offers more privacy and a better ability to block out the sun when you need to keep your home cool.
Why Choose California Shutters?
There are many stylistic and practical benefits to these shutters:
- Elegance: These shutters feel elegant and elevate the spaces they are placed in. They may remind you of old manor houses in the south or California, and that elegance will be apparent to your guests too.
- Modern: Because they have clean lines, and are often painted white or other light colors, these window shutters are a perfect choice for a modern space. Of course, you can get them in any color that will suit your custom home design.
- Longevity: These shutters last longer than blinds and some other shutter types because they are made of quality wood and installed directly in the frame. If you’re focusing on making your custom home a high quality, choosing shutters that will last makes sense.
- Ease of Use: These shutters are simple to use and can be closed and opened simply, so you can let light in when you like, and get privacy and shade just as easily.
- Light Control: Shutters do a better job of keeping light out than blinds do. This can help you protect your home’s new furniture, rugs, and carpeting from fading.
- Temperature Control: Even though natural light is beautiful, in the middle of summer, it can be your worst enemy when it comes to your energy bill and your personal comfort.
Work with Milton Blinds Today
We’re proud to help homeowners dress the windows in their dream home and find the window covering solution that is just right for your beautiful home. We serve Oakville and surrounding areas with California shutters and many other kinds of shutters and blinds. Reach out to us today to find out more, book a consultation, or book an in-home showing.